Bone broth is such a trend right now and all for good reason! Bone broth is filled with collagen, is loaded with essential minerals and is delicious! Some of the benefits include: Immunity support, muscle growth and improved metabolism, contains large amounts of collagen and aids in detoxification. Heal your body with this nourishing bone broth recipe!
Below is a wholesome beef bone broth recipe that will leave you feeling good inside.
4 Ibs beef bones
12 cups of water
2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
2 medium onions, roughly chopped
2 chopped carrots
4 sticks of celery chopped
3 bay leaves
10 cardamon pods (optional)
3-4 fresh rosemary sprigs
6 garlic cloves
3cm nob of ginger
1 teaspoon black peppercorns
1. Place all ingredients into a large stockpot and cover with water.
2. Bring to a rolling boil and then lower to a simmer for 2-3 hours, skim any foamy layer that develops on the top and discard.
3. Fill up with water as needed.
4. When ready, cool slightly and strain. Transfer the broth to an airtight container and refrigerate for 4-6 hours or overnight. This will allow the fat to rise to the top and solidify.
6. Scrape the fat off the top with a spoon. This will leave you with a gelatinous bone broth when cold.
7. Store in an airtight container or freeze until ready to use. When ready to use, slowly warm the bone broth over a low heat to bring back to a liquid consistency.
Instead of beef bones you can also use chicken bones!
Enjoy this broth on it's own, or use it to create a delicious risotto or soup!